Industrial area of Sindos – Thessaloniki, December 15th, 2020
Subject: Press release on the basic financial figures of ELGEKA Group during the third Quarter of 2020
The Sales of ELGEKA Group increased in the first nine months of this year compared to the previous year, as its main areas of activity showed relative resilience to the pandemic and its effects.
More specifically, the basic figures of the Group were slightly affected and were formed as follows:
- The Sales amounted to 138,4 million euro for the nine-months period against 128,8 million euro of the comparable period (increase by 7,5%), while for the third quarter amounted to 46,2 million euro compared to 45,3 million euro in the comparable period (increase of 1,9%).
- The Profits before interest and tax (“EBIT”) for the nine-months period amounted to 3,7 million euro against 4,1 million euro (decrease by 9,8%), while for the third quarter amounted to 0,5 million euro compared to 0,6 million euro (decrease of 16,7%).
- The Profits before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (“EBITDA”) amounted to 9,5 million euro against 10,2 million euro (decrease by 6,9%), while for the third quarter amounted to 2,4 million euro compared to 2,6 million euro in the comparable period.
- The Adjusted Profits before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (“Adjusted EBITDA” without the impact of IFRS 16) amounted to 6,3 million euro against 6,9 million euro (decrease by 8,7%), while for the third quarter amounted to 1,3 million euro compared to 1,5 million euro in the comparable period.
- The figures of the Statement of Financial Position did not change significantly during the third quarter of 2020, with Net Borrowing amounting to 81,6 million euro in the nine months period compared to 79,9 million euro on 31.12.2019 and 83,0 million euro on 30.06.2020.
The Group’s portfolio of customers and the increased demand that it faced in the previous months for the main items it has, such as food, medicine and hygiene products, contributed to the maintenance of the above financial figures. However, the impact of the pandemic remains unpredictable and volatile, with the market showing signs of slowdown from September onwards.
It is noted that according to a decision of the Extraordinary General Meeting held on 11.12.2020, ELGEKA Group will proceed with a Share Capital Increase of amount up to 6,9 million euro with the aim of improving its capital structure, enhancing working capital for the strengthening of its collaborations and the shielding of its smooth operation both in the current and in the special conditions that will be created in the future due to the pandemic.
Setting as the main priority the protection of the health and safety of its employees and associates, from the first moment of the pandemic until today, ELGEKA Group has taken all the necessary measures, activating regulations stricter than those of the competent authorities. At the same time, it ensured the smooth operation of all its services at every level, in order not only not to disrupt the supply chain but to further be strengthened and meet the particularly increased needs of the previous period.
Ministry of Development & Investments – General Secretariat for Commerce & Consumer Protection –
General Secretariat of Market – Directorate of Companies – Department of Supervision of Public Companies & Athletic Companies
G.E.MI. Νο: 57298604000